The management of the Pathology Partnership (tPP) was restructured in May 2017 as follows:
North East Essex and Suffolk
North East Essex and Suffolk pathology services and staff transferred in May 2017 from tPP to North East Essex and Suffolk Pathology Services (NEESPS).
NEESPS is hosted by Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust and is a partnership of Colchester, Ipswich and West Suffolk trusts:
- Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust
- The Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust
- West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust
These laboratories continue to process pathology samples from general practices and community providers within Ipswich & East Suffolk, West Suffolk and North East Essex CCGs as well as parts of Mid Essex CCG.
Cambridgeshire and East & North Hertfordshire
Laboratory services for the following trusts are now managed by each individual trust:
- Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust
- Hinchingbrooke Hospital, part of North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust
The laboratory at Addenbrooke’s Hospital (part of Cambridge University Hospitals) continues to process pathology samples from general practices and community providers within Cambridge & Peterborough and East & North Hertfordshire CCGs.
GPs and other users of laboratory services can continue to contact the laboratories via the pathology Service Desk – see tab above.